Saturday, May 16, 2009

Felting

Tried something new today -Needle felted figures (dry felting). Took me most of the day to do this but for my first attempt, I'm really pleased with the way this little fella turned out -



Got myself a big bag of wool, so hope to make him some friends soon. I also tried wet felting for the first time a few weeks ago, made these two pieces.



The second piece looks better in real life than it does in the photograph, the colours are much richer and there is shimmering thread incorporated throughout. Not sure yet,what to do with them, I might frame them or use them as cushion covers.

2 comments:

  1. He's a real looker :-) Seriously though, he's cool. Certainly impressive for a first attempt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very impressed with this little chap!
    Are you taking orders??

    ReplyDelete